Sunday, February 20, 2005

nintendo life

trapped in an 8-bit world
always going in the same direction,
the wall always at my back.
i can't just quit,
or skip to the end,
i have to play it through.

life after life,
game after game,
i'll make it to the end,
if it drives me insane.

i don't want to cheat,
i won't stop to eat,
it's never game over,
the light won't retreat.

the longer i wait,
the crueler my fate,
but i'll wait, just, let's wait,
ahhh shit it's too late.

back to the start,
with barely a heart,
if i keep this up,
soon enough i'll be smart.

the patterns emerge,
and my tension is gone,
no thoughts about hunger,
no want for a yawn.

a mad fever pace,
as though it were a race,
it's mad sessions like this,
that got man into space.

you teach me calm and patience,
you give me smoke and wine,
you show me things that can't be,
you give value to time.

and make use of my mind...

thank you

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(In spite of your warning as to your possible influence...)
I've read much of what you've written here. It seems to me that you are most definitely on the verge of a major breakthrough. Of course, when one takes that first step to restart one's path, one never knows if it will be off the edge of a cliff, or just the first of many steps up a very long and very slight grade.

4:55 am  
Blogger Agent of Truth said...

either way, should be interesting

6:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home