Wednesday, December 07, 2005

wait for the snap

i'm runnin' on empty
and i can't remember why

what am I doing?
if only i knew what i want to do

so easily distracted
stuck in place, staring at the idiot box
draining my soul through my eyes
turning my brain to mush
ruining my favourite things

sticky rubber marbles rolling in my head
a runny nose that never blows
can't stop or talk just smoke and walk
i had my books all laid out,
but i couldn't bring myself to read

oh sure,
i could go online and read about sleep deprivation
about stress and taking exams
about tuition costs and student loans
politics, the weather, basically anything but the work

and now i write to avoid the books
vision blurred can't read the words
heavy pins and needles scrape my limbs

i reach for the book
but first i'll have something to eat
wasting my precious time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home