Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Throw a little more dirt on there...

So, I had this dream, where Michelle and I were making out in our bed, and I kept falling asleep on her. I woke up and apologized and tried to continue, but I kept falling asleep(in my dream this is). Seems fairly self-explanatory.

We went to Bathurst last weekend, it was a funner trip than when we went for the wedding this summer. We weren't so bored and broke and stranded...

What would it be like to be born on another planet, having never seen Earth? Would you dream of coming to Earth, to see the place where your species originated? Or would you take pride in your off-world ancestry? Would one born extraterrestrially find Earth too loud and busy, or even too full of life? Would all the plants and animals be overwhelming? I mean, if you were born on a desolate desert planet, where you can't walk outside without a totally secured environment-simulating suit complete with radiation shield and weighted boots, maybe shorts at the beach would just seem too weird for you. The ocean? Snow? Hail? Wind? A moon with phases?

What everyday things to us, might seem new, strange or exciting to those born and raised on another planet? Even a moon, or in another galaxy. Maybe the colour of our sun would seem amazing to someone born under a different 'sun'. I guess a different star would be more accurate.

"I was born, under a wanderin', wanderin' star"

Memories of childhood, my dad singing to me before bed. I still have yet to hear the original recording of that song. I don't even know who sings it. Perhaps, I will look that up now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wand%27rin%27_Star

Lee Marvin was probably the first person to make the song a hit, it was featured in Paint Your Wagon, both the stage and cinematic versions. My dad does enjoy the old western movies, so, it seems likely that this is where he heard the song. I guess it was a number one hit in the UK, it even kept The Beatles' famous 'Let it Be' at number two. I have yet to listen to the song, as I am presently working, and the sound would be too distracting right now. I will hopefully remember to listen to it later on.

Almost time to take a break(10:57PM), I wonder if Michelle is still awake. I still feel kinda bad about earlier. It's an inarticulate bad feeling too. Sort of guilty I guess, but I think it's closer to dread. Foreboding? That's pretty close; "a sense of impending evil or misfortune". Maybe it's just a general feeling of anxiety. I can't quite put my finger on it.

I've been noticing that more lately, like I can't quite find the right word for things. Or is it that I'm never quite satisfied with my phrasing and descriptive abilities. Do I need to expand my vocabulary? I do enjoy learning words from other languages(and writing in italics, apparently). I find it interesting to note similarities and differences between languages. In fact, if I have the time, I'll probably take some linguistics courses and courses in other languages before I'm through. For my own amusement even. This may never happen, as I'd have to have quite a bit of financial independence and free time, which seems unlikely to occur, at least in the near future.

I got a stab of anger and some sort of pain, like humiliation or jealousy. My mind wanders over certain topics, and I feel sick, like helpless and miserable. Doomed? Damn, I'm hitting quite a few spots of the emotional spectrum that I'm not used to, spots I may not want to become familiar with.

Work is getting busy now, it's after midnight, the home stretch. Last hour of my shift. Now is when I fill out my timesheets and prepare my refusal trackers to be sent in at the end of the night. Nothing too fancy. I'm done pretty early, 12:10...

I spoke too soon apparently, I'm switching projects again, go back to my timesheet, back to my timegrid, that's about it though. Not a real time consuming switching, as long as I don't switch two more times before the end of my shift or anything crazy like that. I miss Michelle. She's like two rooms away, she can probably hear me typing this right now, but still, I want to be touching her. Enough of that stuff though, I could go on and on without saying anything really.

Ugh, ok, so at about 12:30, I had to modify again. Whoop-dee-doo, why am I sharing this? outer monologue. I talk like this too, all over the place, filling in too much detail, losing my train of thought. I try to at least keep things entertaining. 8)
Have a good one,
May random find you well,
\m/

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home