Thursday, December 08, 2005

hangin' on by a thread

it's building
the anger, i can feel it
easily frustrated, yelling at the tv
licking my teeth real hard while i clench my fists
dark thoughts float by,
breathe deep
exams are almost over

my coordination is slipping
my eyes don't focus right
my patience is long gone

edgy is not the word
blunt, dull,
i need to sharpen
not yet,
can't sleep yet,

force myself awake
how much can i take
spine is made of glass
from sitting on my ass

up the nose
the jet fuel goes
all through the night
seeing flashes of light

focus, focus, FOCUS
no time for a rhyme
ruh-ruh-read
'til yer eyes buh-bleed

in a week i'll be done
maybe having some fun

"ten thousand cola nuts, wrapped in brown paper.
midnight, behind the box. I'll be the hyena, you'll see."
-atdi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home