Friday, November 12, 2004

So i've been thinking, it seems lately i haven't been writing anything in a narrative manner. I would like to avoid the abstract, poetic language I've been using. Not forever, mind you, just to make sure I can still write as I think. I need to sharpen my writing tools in order to develop myself further as a writer. I don't even really know why i want to write anymore. It used to be fairly easy, but now it seems like i can never write about what i want to write about. i start off with a theme in mind, and i digress, try to rhyme, or just run out of things to say too quickly. perhaps if I told a story.

there was a monkey that lived in a grand forest. The monkey lived a life of blissful ignorance, feeding his needs as he saw fit. One day, the monkey met a panther. The panther was ferocious, and mauled the monkey. The monkey was filled with anger. but, as the monkey lay bleeding on the ground, he realized that that the panther had done to him only what he had done to the forest. The monkey had taken what he needed, and left the forest to die. This thought offered little solace as the light in the monkey's eyes dimmed forever.

That was a quick and odd story, but it works for me. Maybe I'm just too tired to care, but either way, i shall go to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home