Friday, August 29, 2008

Too Heavy

Too Heavy
One toke over the line
One line over the edge
One step over the ledge

Every sensation takes on a threatening quality.
Your shirt, it's too tight.
The air is dirty and stale.
You can feel it making your eyes sticky.

Your favourite song sounds out of tune.
And the singer is laughing at you.
You pathetic little shit.
What did you expect?

So slow to learn my lesson.

Keep your mouth shut. Don't even write it down. Stop.
Your stomach is heavy, distracting you.

Maybe I'm wrong.

The air rounds slightly, not so edgy.

Maybe I'm just paranoid or confused or tired.
I could be malnourished.
That's right, there's loads of reasons why I feel.

Too heavy.
Sharpening again.

Self righteous, self loathing, and scaring myself stupid.

...an unfamiliar song, chosen for it's reputation.
Well earned, it proves to be.
Bobbing my head now, I can almost forget...

I forget.

The art of distraction is under appreciated.

With normalcy restored, I continue.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home