Sunday, September 28, 2008

Mega Man 9 (to be continued?)

I'm so close, but and so far.

I am at Wily's castle, level 4. It starts out with a bunch of lasers that need the cement block to block them. Or, you can run through, but you may end up heavily damaged. After that, you must face the 8 robot masters from earlier in the game all over again. This time though, you are guaranteed to have each of their weaknesses.

After beating all of them, a teleporter appears in the middle of the room. You enter it, and find yourself facing a large bone-headed robo-lizard. The lizard hovers a bit, and proceeds to walk back and forth, spitting some sort of armoured eggs at you. You must bounce them off of the robo -lizard twice before hitting them into his head a third time. If the armoured egg-bomb hits his feet, it will not hurt him. I have been able to hit him maybe twice so far in the same life, about 5 times total. When I do hit him, it seems to take off a crumb or two, maybe at the most 5, of standard mega man/robot master health units. His ass is hard.

We have already seen Wily this game flying around in his UFO, will I have to shoot that down as well? I hope so. will I go back and get all the challenges finished up? Hard to say. I'll probably play through again with proto man next month. I'm also curious about endless mode. Good purchase overall. Would recommend to fans of Mega Man games, especially Mega Man 2. Lots too be said there, but that's a post for another day.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home