Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Results (part 3)

I still can't contact her.
I can get so close, but I can't type anything.
I feel pretty worthless, which is not helping me go back on my decision.
That's the thing, as soon as you bolt, you have to keep running. It gets harder and harder to explain why you ran the longer you go. Especially when you don't really know yourself.

I'm kinda listening, hoping she drops by to yell at me or something. I have it coming, and it would probably wake me up enough to act. I hope so anyway. Maybe I watch too many movies. Damn Hollywood.

Side note, strange visual distortions now, like a clear hair is lying on my field of vision, looped on one end. Or like a stringy darkening of vision. Not too comforting. Especially with just regular cannabis use and being on my second drink in as many hours. More kief than usual, perhaps this is related?

Sound outside! You idiot, you know she's not coming, why would she, you didn't contact her to invite her over. You could have, probably should have, but didn't. Now, what a surprise, alone again. But, it still feels like alone at least, after a day with my parents and uncle, waking up ten minutes before work, this thing hanging over my head all day. I could hardly follow tv or listen to what people said, I'd zone out and think, oh man, I hope she's not sad. Then come back and be totally lost for a moment.

I had an insight earlier, it's like I want to hang out with her, but do I have to come too? If I wasn't there I could go, all ghosty. Of course, that would be hellish, because if I were a ghost, she would surely not mourn my death forever, and if I were to haunt her, I would inevitably be forced to see her with someone else. It would be oh-so exquisitely painful, watching some buffoon do so easily what I can't seem to for the life of me. Quite literally, for the life of me, in that case.

But even now, it's like, where am I heading? Am I just planning to self destruct, and I don't want to bring her down with me? Oh this picking it apart is bad too. I sound so whiny, cowardly, self-righteous and pathetic. Maybe I am doing her a favor. Fuck I wish I could get drunk. No, that's not quite it, sleep? I hope I get a good nights sleep and wake up feeling rested and relaxed. I haven't had that in a while.

I think I've been posting here too much, not enough substance. At the same time, too much is better than none. I'll probably try and cut back a bit, hit the hardcopy books up for some immersive sci-fi reading. Try an stay offline for a bit, so I'm not immediately reminded of what a douche I am every time I log on. Right now, I've not got too much on my mind. I fucked this thing up for now at least, work's pretty much stable. Money's not a big concern, though more would be nice. I've been like getting drunk and chatting with her. And now that she's nearby, I totally lose my nerve and disappear. So, because I've not really been doing much else, I don't have a whole lot in mind to distract me. Just painful reevaluation.

So, read some books, hopefully blow my mind, think about new things, maybe post about them. In time, I'll probably communicate with her, she's not one to hold a grudge. I may have missed my chance with her, but maybe not. Hopefully I will eventually get my head out of my ass and remember how to interact with people again. If not, it could be a long, painful existence.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger the loading dock said...

hey Marc - thank you for being inspired by the bike project. i'd love some feedback. do you bike? how is the bike life out in canada? city or rural area? how do you guys lock them/keep them safe? are there a lot of bike lanes? what else about bikes is there? :) thanks for any input!

also - your writings hit me, especially after a really rough nite for me yesterday. this line for instance: as soon as you bolt, you have to keep running...
because you inspire me, i'm sharing my own intoxication (mental self-sabotaging re: guys) with you, to hopefully inspire you to see what life can be outside of the dark mind-fuck hole.

i act like: i want a serious romantic relationship; that i am healthy; that i want to find 'the one' now; that i do not want to invest time or money into health & guys; that i do not have & cannot get what i want in life; that i'd be better off dead; that i am struggling financially.

i'm scared & hiding that: the guy will be bored with me & not think i'm good after some time; that i do not do as much yoga/bike/or eat as well as i say i do; that i get an ego boost & high when new guys are interested in me; i am afraid of looking bad; that i am not committed to getting what i want; that i do not seek out profitable employment & bail on projects that i can get paid for; that i am pathetic & weak.

the impact on me: a lot stress, resentment, stinginess, say nasty things that i do not mean, be extra nice & fake to cover up fear of rejection, feel worthless, get nervous, spend money to fit in, lonely, depressed, envious, become invisible, feel i do not matter, get needy.

others likely are confused, do not want to deal with me, think i'm crazy, do not have fun, see me as needy & stressful.

what i am creating for myself is a zen mind that is clear & sparkling, with self-generating, cherishing, loving goodness.
this lets me go beyond losing myself, having my self-esteem be affected by others, and stopping to sabotage the good things & people in my life.

thank you for reading that.........
if you're open for it, i offer up some questions for you: what do you want for yourself & your life? what is the benefit you are getting from running away from this girl or other parts of your life, etc? what are you afraid of? what are you missing out on by running away that you really want?
...you can stop running. the minute you catch yourself doing it is the minute you give yourself the choice to do it or not do it. you really are powerful-remember that.
with love & light. ~kim

1:58 am  
Blogger Agent of Truth said...

I used to bike quite avidly, but after my fairly decent GT Saddleback was stolen from my yard, and the insurance company didn't come close to replacing it, I became disenchanted with both bikes and insurance companies. Although, I gladly pay for health insurance. Secondary of course, as I am a Canadian citizen, but prescriptions can be expensive enough, let alone dental and optometry, should I ever require corrective lenses. Here I am again, talking like a robot.

I live in what you would definitely consider a rural area living in NYC. A bicycle is very useful, but as of late, I have had access to a scooter with low gas consumption(of course) and working from home, I have basically required less transport. So, when I do get out, because my current bike is a Canadian Tire off the rack rust bucket, I usually walk. Also, I live near open water, so walks are often a pleasant way to get exercise for me. Being that I'm a lazy stoner, I need all the exercise I can get. Usually in my area, to lock your bike you would use just a standard chain lock or something similar around a lamp post. We do have bike racks, I know I worked at a building with only low bike racks, where you could remove the front tire and take the rest quite easily, but there was a security guard in the vicinity so often, there were rarely any problems, and they were usually personal when they arose.

Bike lanes, well, we have what is known as the NB Trail, NB meaning New Brunswick. The trail is eventually going to span the province. It is really quite a scenic trail, but at least in my current locale, not particularly convenient for travel. I know in Sackville New Brunswick the waterfowl park and NB Trail system offer great access to the downtown area as well as the university campus and local rental housing. This made bicycles very common and useful especially with the tight budget of university students. Cabs add up quickly.

"others likely are confused, do not want to deal with me, think I'm crazy, do not have fun, see me as needy & stressful."

I can definitely relate to this. I feel so much that I must be a burden on my friends that I have virtually isolated myself.

"thank you for reading that.........
if you're open for it, i offer up some questions for you: what do you want for yourself & your life? what is the benefit you are getting from running away from this girl or other parts of your life, etc? what are you afraid of? what are you missing out on by running away that you really want?
...you can stop running. the minute you catch yourself doing it is the minute you give yourself the choice to do it or not do it."

what I want for myself I think, is to be able to spend my time almost as I see fit. If I could write something now and then and just let the checks roll in, that would be great. That covers work basically.

I do want to have a family with kids, the standard stuff. It's probably hardwired into me. I saw something today where they made fruit flies wait to procreate, and they lived three times as long. It struck me for sure. I'm like, damn, maybe that's why I'm so reluctant to get close.

But I do want to procreate, as mentioned in my earlier posts. But I'm too much of a mess right now to be responsible for bringing a person into the world and teaching it to live within that world. I can barely figure this world out for myself. Then again, I get by. I'm getting better at life as I go I think. This is now part reply part new post.

The benefit I get by delaying my maturation is not having to put my emotions to heavily on the line for anything really. This might allow me to read write and otherwise creatively produce more than if I hadn't dabbled.

I had that thought today; what if subconsciously, I was using her as inspiration to write. I have been writing a lot since I've given her more bearing in my life. I don't think so. I really do enjoy her company. *sigh*.

What am I afraid of? Being a bad example. Being an important part of someones life and letting them down. Being counted on and not measuring up.

What I'm missing out on is intimacy. A check and balance for my madness. A companion to share my stories with. Good things to have.

I'm not sure if I think I'll produce more in a pained state, or if depriving myself of human comforts makes me stronger or what. That study though. If that's even at all applicable to humans, that's quite comforting. To know I might live longer than others simply because I had no children at a young age.

It sounds like BS to me too. Time though. Time marches on. Good luck.
\m/

3:49 am  
Blogger the loading dock said...

thanks for all the comments- the bike ones & personal ones. good to know there are some nice trails up yonder- sounds like a nice place to bike around.
we all screw up, but there's always a chance to step outside of it & clean it up. so if isolating yourself isn't what you want (kinda get that as you're writing and reaching out to this virtual community!). would you want a job working as a writer? how would it be if you can have it all: writing, community, intimacy & love?
if you are dedicated to loving someone (this lady for example & yourself), you really won't screw up so bad. yeah, sometimes of course, but the underlying theme will be nurturing & committed...
try it on :)

1:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home