Monday, September 29, 2008

Almost Microscopic

Scrub Typhus. Chiggers. Red-Bugs. Blood-Bugs.

So I'm not crazy. Well, at least the tiny red bugs are real.
And with winter approaching, they won't be around long.
I saw one and freaked out a bit. Doing laundry now, at 1:30am.

A hurricane is coming. Might technically be here now. I don't know what the radar is showing, haven't tuned into the weather network for a bit. I used to watch a lot of the weather network. It was my get really high and space out channel. Others prefer the listings channel. I admit, it's pretty funny when you realize you've been trying to figure out what to watch for an hour and a half. You watch what you could be watching. Kinda sad too. At least the weather network has fun weather facts and some soothing muzak.

I like storms. Ice storms, wind storms, snow storms, I like all of them. Mind you, I might not enjoy cleaning up after a flood or a prolonged power outage, but I do enjoy a good thunder and lightning. It's like fireworks. One time, in the middle of winter, I was in my basement when the phone rang. I answered, and my friend said frantically "Did you see that?" on cue, the sky I could now see from the bottom the stairs lit up, and the house shook with a strange rumble. My friend explained he had just seen the same thing and immediately called me. He lived at the time about a 10 minute drive away, I'm not sure how far, maybe 20 kilometres max. This was the talk of the school yard the next day, but was quickly forgotten by most(I assume).

I'm not sure what kind of lightning occurs over such a long distance at what is obviously less than the speed of light, in the dead of winter, with no storm to speak of. I have not yet researched this online, but you can bet I will after this post. Maybe before I finish even, I'll read up and comment further.

Interesting; it seems that onions, possibly garlic, and definitely grapes and raisins and similar fruits are toxic to dogs. Bad for cats too. I read even a broth from around a roast that was cooked with a lot of onions shouldn't go to the dog, whoops. Must remember to tell the old man about that, keep our dog in good shape.

Getting tired now, nodding off a bit. Hopefully the rain is falling pleasantly to lull me to sleep. It might be tomorrow night that my lady-friend comes by for a visit. Though, in retrospect, she may have been joking about when she was coming. But I don't think so.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home