Monday, October 20, 2008

stream of thought

Not too much on my mind now. Second load of DLC comes out for Megaman 9 today. Went 'drivin' that train' this weekend. Come down is hard, but I had the tools to cut it down.

Cabin-feverish a bit. Too much time at home. I don't want to go out drinking, but there's not much else to do. Maybe I'll go take in a movie this week. Unlikely, even as typed it, I thought of better uses for the money. I guess I'm a cheap-ass.

Gas went down, almost to a dollar a litre. Maybe I'll go drive around aimlessly for a while listening to CBC. I'm hungry. I burned my hand this weekend making breakfast. Grease-splash. Ouch. Drain the bacon grease before you put the eggs in.

So what am I doing these days? Well, I guess I'd say not much if prompted. I'm slowly paying down a credit line. I'm controlling my addictions(somewhat). I'm playing video games, watching tv and movies, trying to read but easily distracted. Working, I guess you'd say part-time, but it feels like more than that.

I hate when I try to talk about something, and the person I'm talking to starts talking to the dog or someone else or something. I just think, well shit, why do I even bother. I'll keep my interesting knowledge to myself. Good way to get murdered; don't share useful information.

Just because it sounds right or I say it with authority, doesn't mean it's true. Like correlation and causation; you might think you know what's going on, and come to find there's another variable you hadn't even considered. Hard to make a rule that takes into account exceptions. Not much of a rule really. "More of a guide-line really". Pirates.

And then they have the nerve to call data-copying 'piracy'. Like if we took a picture of a 21st century software-pirate and juxtaposed it with a high-seas gun-boat pirate, like those fuckers that stole a boat full of weapons in Indonesia. Now, tell me, why do we even bother with software pirates, when people with guns are stealing boats full of deadly weapons(link)? Why do we even use the same word to describe them? Is a stolen copy of windows going to hurt anyone? How about a burned-dvd? No? The artists must be traumatized when we take their work, is that it?

When a pirate takes your boat, and leaves you in the water to die, that is a serious crime. When Microsoft or Sony/BMG doesn't get their cut on a few bits of data that enter your home via a service you pay for every month, that is not even worthy of note.

Why does radio suck? Because the major recording labels bought the big stations and use them as twenty-four hour a day commercials for their products. 'An astral-media radio presentation'.

Maybe I just ask too many questions. Curiosity killed the cat, so they say. They also say cats of nine lives though, so, maybe they ought to be curious. Cats have 9 lives, like Megaman when he's full strength. Any video game with only one digit for lives actually. Probably no connection, but still interesting to note. "Cats have nine lives" might now mean something akin to "Cats are fully equipped" or "Cats can hack through the code"(allowing them to start with 9 lives). Old saying with a new meaning. "This cat, has nine lives".

Imagine if you had to use a regular encyclopedia instead of wikipedia. I don't know about you folks, but I look something up about ten times a day, and sometimes end up reading many many more articles in a single visit. Maybe I exaggerate, but not much. Would I bother to learn the truth if it required more work? Probably not as often.

Work day is done, time to smoke some fun.
\m/

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home