Sunday, October 05, 2008

stream of thought from the loner stoner

The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea.
I heard that line in a song today, on SNL, the Killers were the musical guest.
Reminded me of 'Other Side' by Aerosmith.
With the line;

"Lovin' you has got to be,
like the devil and the deep blue sea"

In the killers song, the line comes after something about crossing over.
Cross over, to where, the other side perhaps? With the devil and the deep blue sea? I'm not sure about that jazz. But the rest of the killers song reminds me of my current mental afflictions. Spaceman is the name.

***

Modest Mouse Float On is awesome. The video is so fitting. We'll all float on alright, be the end of the line is always the same.

Dashboard "Well it woulda been coulda been worse than you would ever know". So true. Hopefully about the 'than you will ever know' part. Oh the dashboard melted but we still had the radio!

A pang of sadness. She used to like when I would sing for her, even type-singing.

I'm thinking now about the band Cake, the album Comfort Eagle, the drug LSD. We had some good times, me acid and cake. "His cigarette is burning, but he never seems to ash (ash)".

They say there is a fine line between genius and insanity. I'd say they are two sides of the same coin. There is a certain knowledge that can tear you apart in ways you may never have imagined, perhaps the inspiration for the writings on hell and the inferno. But this knowledge too, can lift you up to the height of a god. But isn't being a god hellish? The balance of knowledge and power is one side of the coin. The unrestrained use of power without knowledge and reason is the other.

Primus now.

"WEEEEEEEEEEEE, uh-EEEEE-eeeee-EEEEeuuh"

Tool now.
Not much thinking going on now. Just things like "Do I have a Valium lying around somewhere?" Took two Benadryl a few minutes ago. I feel bad, as it had been about two weeks since I had taken any. But, I also realize the one night in two weeks is better than missing probably 5 nights in 6 or 8 months. Still though, I should continue to curb my habits. I hate using sayings I don't fully understand, so I had to look up the definition of curb. That's better.

46 & 2
Such a good song.

Now the salival version of pushit, well, live slow version to be more accurate.

I was wondering today if imprecision doesn't often give rise to accidental discoveries. Serendipity I believe is the one word term. Like, "hey, that scribble kinda looks like an awesome rhino", or something similar.

The connectedness of all things weighs heavy. Guilt at the thought of stealing from another before the act, makes it difficult to even carry out. Makes you a better person though. At times, it must be dimmed. I think perhaps that's what alcohol does; brings my thoughts more to a focus on temporal matters. Put me here and now. At least for a while. I have a hard time regulating my intoxication level with alcohol. I seem to always want more. I can't even remember the last time I felt too drunk. But I guess that's a good thing. I anticipate thirst, and buy accordingly.

The benadryl is coming on now. Do I stay up and buzz harder, or sleep now while I'm drowsy? I think I'll try and sleep. Saves biting my tongue. May random find you well. \m/

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home